KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Road Less Traveled By and My Sore Feet


Many readers of Robert Frost's "The Road Not Taken" think the poem is about being an individual. I had thought that for most of my life until my painting time became such an exhilarating experience. For many years it was discouraging and frustrating. I destroyed many paintings that I thought were awful. Now that I know exactly where I belong in regards to style and purpose I live to paint and every day is exciting.

I could be wrong but I think Frost was talking about becoming an artist which is not a typical path in life, but for me IT HAS MADE ALL THE DIFFERENCE. THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED BY IS THE GREATEST ROAD IN THE WORLD!

All my life I have bragged about my great feet. I have heard others talk about their sore feet and was so glad that never happened to me. I could stand up and paint all day long. I never sat down when teaching classes. Well, I guess my feet are finally showing some wear. I can still stand up for long periods of time but sometimes my feet are sore. That's life! I may be a little sore going down that path but I will stay on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment