KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Monday, June 13, 2011

Not my Favorite Day in the Studio and The Crystal Ball


Today is the last day for my Limited Time Only offer on "Breakers, Pawleys Island", "A Break in the Clouds", and "A Pair". Check it out!

Yesterday I had one of my difficult studio days. Good art is a balancing act and I fell off the beam. I am looking forward to fighting with the painting today. If it was easy and I could get exactly what I wanted out of a painting it would be boring. I love art because it is partly a magic act full of surprises.

When I was growing up I remember a saying my mother repeated often. She is extremely conscientious and is always bothered by hindsight. She grieves over making the wrong choice. The saying is no one has a crystal ball. Last month she decided to try out a month by month retirement home. It was a lot of trouble to move over there and get set up. I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that she would not like it and move back home. Friday she moved back home. For once I had a crystal ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment