KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Blue Ridge Parkway Artist, Two New Florals, and Looking for the Light Again...

Blue Ridge Parkway Artist


 

I have been going through my portfolio to show my florals.  Today I thought I would show two brand new ones that are part of my series, Suggestions.  These are paintings that I am doing based on an Abstract Expressionist surface.  When I see a shape I go with it and develop a colorful, abstract painting.


SugpetuniaPetal Play  Original Acrylic Painting     NFS

Prints on Paper, Canvas, Metal, Greeting Cards, Pillows, !phone and galaxy phone cases Available at KENDALL KESSLER ART


Petal Play is another sensuous, colorful painting from my series,
Suggestions. I am starting with an abstract expressionist surface and then looking for forms that appear in the paint. This time I saw two large flowers in the position that I have them in the painting. They look like a cross between a petunia and morning glory. I am very pleased with the color in this one.


sugvase (1)
A Vase of Color   Original Acrylic Painting     NFS

Prints on Paper, Canvas, Metal, Greeting Cards, Pillows, !phone and galaxy phone cases Available at KENDALL KESSLER ART


A Vase of color is another sensuous, colorful painting from my series,
Suggestions. I am starting with an abstract expressionist surface and then looking for forms that appear in the paint. This time I saw a rounded shape at the bottom so I turned the painting into a soft focus floral. I am very pleased with the flowing, circular motion in this one.

 

 

Life with The Word and Bird Man - Clyde Kessler

It has been quite cloudy lately so the light in my studio is not what I want it to be.  As I have mentioned before, when it is very dark outside the warm colors are hard to see so I end up with stronger warms than I want.  I sure do have to look for the light to work. 

I remember reading about Pierre Bonnard when he was instructing a child he thought had talent.  He remarked that they had to work before the good light was gone.

When you work with a zillion colors light is extremely important.  This is not a problem for my naturalist husband who doesn't mind getting up in the middle of the night to catch the owls for bird counts.  The stereotype of the bird watcher is completely false.  They are rugged people that walk up and down mountains in brutal weather for accurate records.


I think I will quit gripping about the light and get to work.  My studio is very comfortable.


Be Sure to check out my Special Promotions that end Tomorrow at 5:00!

Ridgeland Winter Beauty is on special all December!

Click on KENDALL KESSLER ART and then go to the painting in the Mountains folder  and click on the 40"x 50" canvas print of Ridgeland Winter Beauty for the 40% discount.

There is a money back guarantee that includes shipping fee!


 

 ridgelandcopyrightjpgWinter Ridgeland Beauty  Original  8" x 10"  Oil Painting $168

 

Prints on Paper, Canvas, Metal, Greeting Cards, pillows, !phone and galaxy phone cases Available at  KENDALL KESSLER ART

 wildflowcurrentcopyright

Wildflower  Current   Original 30" x 40" Oil Painting $2425

Prints on Paper, Canvas, Metal, Greeting Cards, pillows, !phone and galaxy phone cases Available at  KENDALL KESSLER ART

eagleexpress (1)

Eagle Fire Original  16"x20" Acrylic Painting  $670

 

Prints on Paper, Canvas, Metal, Greeting Cards, pillows, !phone and galaxy phone cases Available at  KENDALL KESSLER ART


 

Thank you for looking at paintings by an Artist of The Blue Ridge Parkway

No comments:

Post a Comment