KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Blue Ridge Parkway Artist, More Floral Paintings, and A Couple of Dinosaurs...

Blue Ridge Parkway Artist


I am excited about adding my latest Blue Ridge Parkway painting to my portfolio!   It has been a lot of work and I will be glad to move on to another Blue Ridge Vista. 

I am also pleased with my new series, Suggestions!  I am really letting the paint tell me what to do and the results have been great!  I am working on a small scale so I can work fast and keep the spontaneity in them.

I still have a lot of florals to present here.  Here are two of my favorites!

 


DSCN7705 (1)

Hibiscus Bush  Original  11" x 14" Oil Painting     $313

Prints on Paper, Canvas, Metal, Greeting Cards, !phone and Galaxy phone cases Available at   KENDALL KESSLER ART


Hibiscus Bush is a colorful painting of a neighbors hibiscus bush in Radford city, VA. Sometimes one thing will catch my eye and I want to celebrate it with my colors and textures. I love the way the light hits this bush.


tulipdancebig (1)

Tulip Dance  Original  10" x 8" Oil Painting     $168

Prints on Paper, Canvas, Metal, Greeting Cards, !phone and Galaxy phone cases Available at   KENDALL KESSLER ART


Tulip Dance is an exceptionally vibrant floral. I am especially pleased with the energy and bursting flow to this work. I was listening to David Garrett's crossover version of Vivaldi's Summer when I painted it. I think I captured the energy in that music and translated into an exciting flower dance.


Life with The Word and Bird Man - Clyde Kessler


My husband and I have been married for more decades than I care to admit to.  Over the years I have seen a lot of couples call it quits which is why I refer to us as dinosaurs.  We go way, way back, just like those huge creatures.  Today it occurred to me which dinosaur we are!  The Tyrannosaurus Wrecks!  Perfect!


Cheers!


Thank you for looking at paintings by a Blue Ridge Parkway Artist

No comments:

Post a Comment