KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Friday, March 7, 2014

The James River from The Blue Ridge Parkway and More Blue Ridge Discovery Center News

My Artwork

I have always loved water.  When I was a child I spent as much time as I could playing at a creek near our house.  I loved the sound of the water and walking on the rocks.

Creeks, rivers, and, of course, the ocean are places I would rather be than anywhere else.  Much of my artwork includes water.
jamesreflectionscopyrightJames River Reflections           $2425.00

Prints on paper or canvas available at Kendall Kessler Art

I am especially pleased with the peaceful moods I captured from two views of the James River off the Blue Ridge Parkway.  This is another site my husband researches for bird and butterfly species.


I will never forget how beautiful the water looked and how magical the reflections were on this day.  My husband, I, and our son Alan walked all around this location and this painting is the view from the walkway bridge under the Harry Flood Byrd Memorial bridge which was constructed in 1959 .

I am especially pleased with the complicated system of greens in this painting and the colors reflected in the perfectly still water.
jamesrivermomcopyrightJames River Moment    $2425.00Prints on paper or canvas available at Kendall Kessler Art
blueridgewildflowcopyrightBlue Ridge Wildflowers   original painting has been sold

Prints on paper or canvas available at Kendall Kessler Art

Life with the Bird and Word Man - Clyde Kessler

One of my husband's good friends, Scott Jackson-Ricketts, will be leading a hike this week-end!
Here is the info for all those that want to have a great time!

Attention to all interested parties. This Sunday, weather permitting, some of us BRDC explorers will be running up to the highlands, the Whitetop area specifically, to search for snowy owls and other winter migrants. If you are interested, please contact me at scottjr@ls.net for arrangements and car-pooling opportunities.

MORE BLUE RIDGE DISCOVERY NEWS

Also the  40th Mount Rogers Naturalist Rally is coming up soon!  Here is the link to this great celebration!          http://blueridgediscoverycenter.org/mount-rogers-naturalist-rally

No comments:

Post a Comment