KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Roanoke, The Star City near The Blue Ridge Parkway and They wouldn't tell us...

My Artwork

starcitycopyright
Star City    original oil painting  25"x40"  $2000.00

Prints on paper or canvas available at   KENDALL KESSLER ART


I am especially pleased with the complicated system of color, the intense brushwork, and the overall mood of this painting.

The Star City
Another great Blue Ridge Mountain locale is Roanoke city which is near The Blue Ridge Parkway.  It is also known as The Star City.

It was originally called Big Lick and was established in 1852 and chartered in 1874.  It was called Big Lick due to the salt which drew wildlife to the site near the Roanoke River.  

The name Roanoke is said to have originated from an Algonquian work for shell money.  This was also the name of the river that bisected it and the county.  The river is probably where the shells came from.
I got this information from Wikopedia and my husband, Clyde Kessler.


eveBRpastureBlue Ridge Meadow Sunset   Original pastel painting has been sold

Prints on paper or canvas available at      KENDALL KESSLER ART


Life with The Word and Bird Man - Clyde Kessler

Again, before I print this comment my husband made about people I want to emphasize that he is well-liked by all that come into contact with him and is the most diplomatic person I have ever known.  

He is quite a contradiction - a very sweet curmudgeon!

Sometimes I am in awe of all we can do.  Computers, airplanes, spacecraft,etc.  My husband is not as impressed with our accomplishments because of all the problems technology has created for this limited spaceship.

The other day I said to him that ants don't have computers.  His response was, if they did, they wouldn't tell us.

Then I said we can fly but we don't have wings.  He said there are so many people filled with hot air that they could probably get anywhere they wanted to go without an airplane.

Life with a curmudgeon!  Lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment