KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Bull Mountain Near The Blue Ridge Parkway and The Radford Roosting Festival..

My Artwork
bullmoutaincopyrightBull Mountain    original oil painting 11"x14"     $313.00

Original for sale at      TOWHEE HILL STUDIO

Another beautiful vista off the Blue Ridge parkway is Bull mountain.  I am especially fond of the color nuances and impasto brushwork in this painting.  My paintings are done in a series of layers and I put myself into every one of them.  

The last one is the hardest and that is when I really push to express my intense feelings for nature in every color and texture.

Bull Mountain is one of my more expressive works and I will soon have it on my website for print sales. Right now it can be bought at Towhee Hill Studio on Etsy or out of my home studio by the same name.
colorripplesbrcopyrightColor Ripples over The Blue Ridge Mountains    Original painting has been sold

Prints on paper or canvas available at   KENDALL KESSLER ART

The great California patron that bought Color Ripples over the Blue Ridge Mountains also bought two other paintings.  Most of my patrons buy more than one painting.  There are many local patrons that have four.

Life with the Bird and Word Man - Clyde Kessler

I wanted to again  announce the Radford Roosting Festival where my Bird man will be leading a bird walk.   Only nine more days. No admission charge!

Radford Roosting Festival

RADFORD, VA -The Radford Visitor’s Center will be celebrating the 7th annual Radford Roosting Festival on Saturday, March 29rd in Bisset Park from noon – 3 pm.  Families are welcome and there is no admission charge.

This year’s festival will include live birds, educational birding stations, a photo contest and children’s activities.

There are three scheduled presentations that are sure to be of interest to attendees.
Scheduled presentations are:
12:00 p.m.-Jason Davis/SELU
‘Flying family dynamics: Bluebirds, parenting and stress’
  1:00 p.m.- Sarah Foltz
‘Town & country: How to be an urban bird’
  2:00 p.m.-Jessica Zielske/The Mountain Lake Conservancy
‘Avifauna & geology of Mountain Lake’

Also scheduled is a not-to-be-missed bird walk prior to the festival with Clyde Kessler, local bird expert with Radbird, an outfitter and touring company that specializes in interacting with local birds. The walk sets off at 9 a.m. from the Radford Public Library, 30 West Main St.

No comments:

Post a Comment