KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Arnold Valley on The Blue RIdge Parkway and Connect the Dots...

My Artwork


Another great mountain site on The Blue RIdge Parkway is Arnold Valley.  I am especially pleased with the atmosphere in my painting, "Near Arnold Valley" from one of the overlooks there. 

The blues were really taking over the range on this day.
arnoldvalleycopyrightNear Arnold Valley 30x40 oil painting     $2425.00

Prints on paper or canvas available at KENDALL KESSLER ART

My painting does not show the valley but rather the ranges near it, hence the title "Near Arnold's Valley.

The name comes from Steve Arnold who established his homestead there in 1749.

I am always been fascinated with what we artists call the disollution of form due to atmospheric conditions.  That is one of the reasons I love The Blue Ridge Mountains.  

The colors change with each new day.

One of my heroes, Claude Monet, was also fascinated with color changes.  He didn't think it was possible to actually paint a landscape accurately since colors change so quickly due to light and atmosphere.

He would put down each color as he saw it and said the result was a naive impression.

Life with The Bird and Word Man

My husband has commented that I remind him of Spock on Star Trek because he thinks I have a logical mind.  

Although I wouldn't want people to think I am that fictional character I am pleased by the compliment.

My husband said he did not think his mind was logical but I disagree.  I told him his mind is logical and he is much more knowledgeable than the average person.

I did admit that sometimes he has trouble connecting the dots.

His reply was, "What dots?"

Of course he is kidding...I think...maybe.

Special Promotions on Fine Art America

Be sure to check out my special large canvas prints on Fine Art America!  Two more days on 40% off prints of Burning Shore, Marsh View at Pawleys Island which is at the top of the blog,  and Breakers at Pawleys Island!  There is a 30 day money back guarantee which includes shipping charges!                
burningshorecopyrightBurning Shore   original painting has been sold
Prints on paper or canvas available at KENDALL KESSLER ART


breakerspicopyrightBreakers at Pawleys Island     original painting has been sold
Prints on paper or canvas available at KENDALL KESSLER ART

No comments:

Post a Comment