KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

More on Carvins Cove near The Blue RIdge Parkway and So glad to get this Email...

My Artwork
smallcarvinscovecopyrightCarvins Cove   Original oil painting has been sold

Prints on paper or canvas available at        KENDALL KESSLER ART
  •  
  • Carvins Cove was a prepatory painting for my larger version, "Misty Morning at Carvins Cove.  Carvins Cove is the water source for Roanoke, VA.  I sold this small version and then started on the larger work.  It is the same locale but the paintings are quite different.

Carvins Cove is such a beautiful jewel in the gorgeous Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia!  I have lived in southwest Virginia my adult life and can't imagine living anywhere else!  I stare at my beautiful surroundings from my house and car and am always amazed by the magical atmosphere!

sugarloafcopyrightSugarloaf Mountain   oil on canvas   14"x11"   $313.0

Prints on paper or canvas available at        KENDALL KESSLER ART

Sugarloaf is another mountain range near Rock Castle on The Blue Ridge Parkway

Life with the Bird and Word Man - Clyde Kessler

clyde2014
I like to tease my husband about all that he does for the natural world.  I don't know anybody else that gets up early to check on wildlife populations in their surrounding area.  On week-ends and when he is off from work, that is what he does.

Sometimes I call him Saint Clyde of Radford since much of what he does is what Saint Francis of Assisi did.  He hates it when I do that and gives me a sour look.  

He claims that what he does is what people are supposed to do.  But who else is doing what he does without payment?  He is not perfect but it is great to admire your spouse!

Satisfied Patron
Monday I mailed Beach Houses at Pawleys Island to a great patron in Maryland.  As always, it took quite some time to crate up a 30"x40" oil painting on masonite.  It has to be bubble wrapped and double boxed.  I am always glad to drop it off at UPS.

I am always uptight when I sell anything on the internet due to the different calibrations of monitors.  

I worry that the painting does not look like what the patron is seeing on their end.

I have never had an unhappy patron, and, as usual I received a glowing report about my work!  The patron could not be happier and now I can relax!
beachpawlyhcopyrightBeach Houses at Pawleys Island  
Prints on paper or canvas available at   KENDALL KESSLER ART

No comments:

Post a Comment