KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Monday, March 10, 2014

Buffalo Mountain on The Blue RIdge Parkway and When Pigs Fly by my Window...

My Artwork
buffalocopyrightBuffalo Mountain in Fall

Original Painting 32x40         $2760.00 

540-257-3437

Prints on paper or canvas available at KENDALL KESSLER ART

Another gorgeous mountain vista off The Blue Ridge Parkway is Buffalo mountain.  The name comes from the strong hump on the ridge.  Buffalo Mountain Presbyterian Church was built by the Reverent Robert Childress who was the subject for the book "The Man Who Moved a Mountain"  This is a great book that I highly recommend!

Buffalo Mountain in Fall is one of my favorite Blue Ridge Mountain landscapes.  The colors of light and shade in fall are especially beautiful.  The violet is  intense and it is difficult to paint the atmospheric effect and not lose the cool colors in the warm colors.  They look as if they are floating together in space.

More Blue Ridge Vistas
blueridgeautumncopyrightBlue Ridge Autumn    

Original painting has been sold

540-257-3437

Prints on paper or canvas available at KENDALL KESSLER ART


violrockyknobcopyrightViolet Evening on Rocky Knob

oil on canvas  16x20   $640.00

540-257-3437

Prints on paper or canvas available at KENDALL KESSLER ART


When Pigs Fly by my Window

I am a workaholic.  It is extremely important to me to sell my work.  I can't take them with me and I hope they will all have homes when I am gone.  I depend on friends to get me out once in a while, but mostly I am either painting or working at promotion strategies.

Saturday I told my self I ought to try to take a break and rest.  Right as that thought was going through my head a pig flew by my window and winked!   Of course, I didn't take it easy but I did get a lot of work done!

Life with the Word and Bird Man - Clyde Kessler

You know you live with The New River Valley Bird Man when Lowes calls you up to ask how to get a hawk out of their store.  This happened a few minutes ago and I left a message with Clyde at work since he is away from his desk right now.

I know he will know what to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment