KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Beautiful Carvins Cove near The Blue Ridge Parkway and Walking Behind a Horse...

My Artwork
magiclightcarvinscovecopyrightMagic Light at Carvin's Cove   Original painting has been sold

Prints on Paper or Canvas available at     KENDALL KESSLER ART
Carvins Cove

Another great place near The Blue Ridge Parkway is Carvin's Cove.  I have done three paintings so far of this beautiful section of The Blue Ridge Mountains and will probably do more in the future. 

Magic Light at Carvins Cove is probably my favorite!  I am especially pleased with the light effect and the cool colors in the mountains and water.  I think this is one of my most magical paintings and it was sold to a great Roanoke patron.

Carvins Cover Nature Reserve is the second largest park in the nation.  11,363 acres of Carvins Cove is protected by the largest conservation easement in Virginia's history and is overflowing with recreational opportunities including hiking, biking, fishing, and boat rentals.  There are more than 40 miles of trails.

I found this information on Carvins Cove in  the online publication Roanoke Outside.com
carvinscovecopyright
Misty Morning at Carvins Cove          original oil painting   32"x42"  professionally framed   $2952.00

Prints on paper or canvas available at    KENDALL KESSLER ART



Life with the Bird and Word Man - Clyde Kessler
 
When I say I married the Bird Man I don't mean I married someone that likes to look at birds once in a while.  Clyde is a serious conservationist and has been keeping records on bird populations since 1975.

He is working hard to add his 15,000 data reports to E bird at Cornell University.  For most of our marriage he has worked part-time with the  U.S. Forest Service in The Jefferson National Forest researching bird, butterfly, and dragonfly populations.

The Trojan Horse  

My husband and I didn't grow up with computers but now they are an essential part of our life and we are thankful for them in many ways but the computer can be a trojan horse.  We all have to be careful of harmful invasions.

I don't know if anyone else has called the computer a Trojan Horse but lately I think it is a fitting title in another way.  Between my husband's work and my artwork we spend a lot of time in front of a computer screen.

Lately I feel like I walked behind that horse and got kicked hard right in the butt!  I have to remember to get up every so often or maybe we should get a very high table for the computer so we can stand up!

No comments:

Post a Comment