KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Can't Wait to Post Them and Should they really be Advertising Bacon?

Just about to the end of three large paintings I have been working hard on.  They never look exactly right and I always think at the end I can do better but that is the life of a painter.  We have to learn to live with a certain amount of failure and try hard to keep from going nuts.  It is quite a balancing act.  These are a lot closer than any I have done so far so I am proud.  My next paintings will be completely different.  I am going to take a break from representational art and do some non-objective works.

One of the fast food places is advertising bacon, bacon, bacon and more bacon to customers.  I think our obesity rate is around 30% right now.  Wouldn't it be to everyone's advantage to emphasize the items that are good for people and low in calories and fat? Are we going for 50%?  If we keep going the way we are going people will be too fat to get in the door.  My husband said not to worry, they will find a way  to roll in and get that bacon burger!

Don't forget to check out my Limited Time Promotions on FAA and have a great 4th of July!
Art Prints
Photography Prints

No comments:

Post a Comment