KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Radford Ghost Story near The Blue Ridge Parkway and More Blue Ridge Discovery Happenings!

 My Artwork


mountainsunsetcopyrightMountain Sunset   Original Oil Painting has been Sold

Prints on Paper or Canvas Available at     KENDALL KESSLER ART


eveningrivermotioncopyrightEvening River Motion   Original 16"x20" Oil Painting   $670

Prints on Paper or Canvas Available at    KENDALL KESSLER ART



THINGS I CAN'T EXPLAIN


I mentioned before that I am a very skeptical person and always look to logic and science to explain phenomenal happenings.

I also check people's motivation regarding their supernatural experiences.  Does the person gain money from people's belief in their presentations?

Over the years people have built up a legend around Houdini as if he really did perform magic.
If you research his life you will find out that he did not consider any of his tricks to be supernatural and could explain each one of them.  He did go around and expose mediums that claimed to be in contact with the dead.

I also mentioned that I have had three strange occurrences in my life that I cannot explain, but I forgot about this one.


Ghost at My Piano

I come from a family that has many artists and musicians.  My grandmother and great uncle attended Peabody Conservatory and both taught music.  My grandmother believed everyone should play an instrument and practice every day.  She did not consider the arts to be an educational frill.

I have been working at my Art all my life.  I cannot remember a time that I didn't spend time drawing and I didn't like coloring books.  I wanted to make my own drawings.

I also enjoyed music.  My mother wanted us to take lessons but she didn't make us take lessons.

When I was twelve I decided to take lessons and it was one of the best decisions of my life.  I play every day and it is a wonderful experience.  There have been times that I didn't play every day but I recently have gotten back to it and do my best to play everyday.  My fingers are not as good as they used to be so I am working hard to improve my technical skill.


A few months ago when I was playing I could have sworn that I heard soft foot steps behind me as I played.  Since I am so skeptical I just considered the sound to be a  trick of my mind.

It happened a number of times the next few days and now I don't hear them.  I would like to think my grandmother was there with me!  Who knows!

Life with The Bird and Word Man - Clyde Kessler

In addition to The Mount Rogers 40th Naturalist Rally on May 9th and 10th, there is a Farm Days outing coming up on May 21st through 23rd!  This great event will be at Matthews Living History Farm Museum !

The event will include educational demonstrations and programs for kids!  Come on out!

No comments:

Post a Comment