KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Blue Ridge Healing Waters near The Blue Ridge Parkway and Anticipation!

My Artwork


lionexplosionbig (1)

Lion Explosion   Original 20"x16" Oil Painting    $670

Prints on Paper or Canvas Available at    KENDALL KESSLER ART


eagleexpress (1)

Eagle Fire  Original 16"x20"  Oil Painting    $670

Prints on Paper or Canvas Available at   KENDALL KESSLER ART


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieN28aLojSA

I am real excited about my next series of paintings!  I am going to do a number of large paintings of Pawleys Island including some sunset over the ocean scenes!  It has been a while since I did a shore scene so I am looking forward to these new works.

I am going to do one more Kendall Expression painting and then get started.  I have had a great time working on my own brand of Expressionism but I am anxious to get back to my own personal Impressionistic style. I really do live to paint and I love to find homes for my creations!  I just mailed Small Flowers to a great Texas patron!

Here are two of my favorite Kendall Expressions paintings and the Youtube video I did on a number of them.  I need to get back to making videos!  I will soon!

 

Blue Ridge Healing Waters


The Cherokees have a tradition about healing waters in the Blue Ridge Mountains.  According to legend there is a mysterious lake high up in the Smoky Blue Ridge mountains that all animals are aware of and trust to cure their wounds.

It is said that whenever a black bear is wounded by hunters it will go this lake and swim from one shore to the other and then be healed as soon as it reaches the other side.

Healing waters are a part of legends and myths of many cultures.  Perhaps that is where we get the myth for the Fountain of Youth.

Life with The Bird and Word Man - Clyde Kessler


I wanted to again mention the newest Blue Ridge Discovery Center happening that starts tomorrow!


BRDC Day at Independence Farmers Market
Fri, May 30, 9:30am – 12:30pm


Where
Intersection of 21 and 58, Independence, VA
Calendar
BRDC Web Calendar
Created by
scott@blueridgediscoverycenter.org
Description
Kids programs will be provided on site.

No comments:

Post a Comment