KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Another Staunton Ghost Story near The Blue Ridge Parkway and Put it on the Floor...

My Artwork

apaircopyrightA Pair    Original Oil Painting has been Sold

Prints on Paper or Canvas Available at     KENDALL KESSLER ART

This is my most colorful still life.  I am very pleased with the vibrant color contrast!


acrossmarshcopyright





Across the Marsh at Pawleys Island    Original 30"x40"  Oil Painting     $2425


Prints on Paper or Canvas Available at     KENDALL KESSLER ART

Another Colorful Shore Scene!  I am planning to do more soon!


Staunton Ghost Story

Staunton is located in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley about ten miles from The Blue Ridge Parkway.  It is a town rich in history and some of it is supernatural.  Among the haunts are a 1890 train wreck , civil war stories and unsolved murders.

At the train station Myrtle Knox was fatally wounded when the sleeper car derailed.  Her opera troupe was napping when the incident occurred.  She lost  one of her legs below the knee, her shoulder was dislocated, an arm broken, and a piece of wood severed the femoral artery in her leg causing her to bleed to death.

Supposedly her spirit haunts the tracks and people have reported seeing her peer into the Pullman Diner which is now closed.

I found this story on One Writer's Way online.

Life with The Word and Bird Man - Clyde Kessler

I spend a lot of time in front of the kitchen sink washing dishes.  We are one of the extremely few houses in America that does not have a dishwasher.

 I really don't mind.  I grew up with one and we had to thoroughly clean the dishes, load the dishwasher and then put the dishes away.

I wash the dishes and put them in the rack.  End of story.  I like it better that way but sometimes I do complain about how much time I spend at the sink.

My husband said why don't you just lay the food out on the floor and yell come and get it!
Not a bad idea!  Then I would only have to mop a little!  Another great "modest proposal from the Word Man!

No comments:

Post a Comment