KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Friday, May 2, 2014

Another Roanoke Ghost Story near The Blue Ridge Parkway and Where is it?

My Artwork


beachhousepawleycopyrightBeach Houses at Pawleys Island      Original Painting has been Sold

Prints on Paper or Canvas Available at   KENDALL KESSLER ART


 This is where I want to be right now.  We will be vacationing at this great South Carolina resort soon!


fairlawncopyrightClouds Over Fairlawn   Original 18" x 24" Pastel Painting    $864

Prints on Paper or Canvas Available at    KENDALL KESSLER ART 

Another Beautiful Southwest Virginia vista!


clouddancecopyrightCloud Dance  Original 30"x40" Oil Painting       $2425

Prints on Paper or Canvas Available at    KENDALL KESSLER ART

There are a lot of Sugarloaf Mountains.  This is the one in our neck of the woods off the Blue Ridge Parkway!


The Ghosts of Beth Israel Synagogue


Laurie Platt has no doubt she has been in touch with the other side at Beth Israel Synagogue!  She started to see and hear ghosts when she started her Folk Dance classes. A few times upon arrival she heard voices when the place was vacant.

Another time while dancing she looked up to see a woman floating in the back closet.  She was dressed in a ninteenth century dress.

The next day she went to the library and found out that before the synagogue was built there was a house on the property owned by "Betty" and her husband.  Supposedly Betty now haunts the Synagogue!

At other times another dancer and Laurie saw a short man standing on the stairs looking down at the hall watching them dance.

There certainly are a lot of ghost stories in Southwest Virginia and The New River Valley!  It is great fun looking them up!  I found this story on Ghosts of America.

Life with The Word and Bird Man - Clyde Kessler and Where is it?

My husband has a huge library of his naturalist records, wildlife and poetry books.  He is trying to get back some space in our computer room/guest room by putting these records online.  The room is a wreck but I read somewhere that exceptionally intelligent people have a hard time organizing their things because they are involved with so many different studies.

I would like to think that is the case here so I won't set fire to the room.

I have to have my things organized or I can't find anything.   I don't have trouble finding my keys because it is against the law for them to be anywhere but on the kitchen counter or in my purse.  I have had panic attacks when they were just a little to the left or right of the spot and hiding behind something.

I only have one credit card.  If I had more I would lose them.     I don't wear a ring because I would lose that also.  I can keep up with large things but not small ones.

Oh well.  As a little boy said many years ago to my husband, "We lock the castle up with booming tamborines!"  We manage, we manage!

No comments:

Post a Comment