KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Another Roanoke Ghost Story near The Blue Ridge Parkway and Murphy is Stalking me again...

My Artwork


poppieslacecopyrightPoppies and Lace   Original 30"x40" Oil Painting     $2425

Prints on Paper or Canvas Available at    KENDALL KESSLER ART

Roanoke City Ghost Story

I keep thinking I am going to move on to other interesting aspects of the New River Valley and The Blue Ridge Parkway and then I find another ghost story to share!  Ghost stories are so much fun and I didn't know about any of these until this year!

Here is another Roanoke one!

At The Patrick Henry Motel there are a number of ghostly apparitions. The Motel was built in 1925 and there are three ghostly men that supposedly hang around the ball room to keep an eye on things.

On the second floor there is a man with a pipe that sits at one of the tables. Some people say he kicks the tablecloth with his foot.

Many people claim they feel the presence of an elderly woman who died in one of the rooms!

I found this information on the online publication, Haunted Places.

Murphy's Law

When I was working on my Master's degree I worked for a professor that had a huge poster of Murphy's Law.  He said a friend gave it to him.  I read the whole poster and have never forgotten all the things that this mysterious Murphy does to us.

Sometimes I feel like Murphy is stalking me!   My latest example of how, if anything can go wrong, it will, involves my favorite sport.

I have been skating since I was a child and my sister is so accomplished that she teaches ice skating in Sterling, Virginia.

Since there isn't a skating rink nearby I have been roller blading for many years in Christiansburg.  

The rink closed down but a few years later a fantastic one opened near the old one.   The boot on one of my skates finally cracked apart and I had to buy new ones.

I have never liked the new ones so a while ago I ordered a very expensive pair that I knew would be great!

Last Sunday I drove to the rink with my old skates and they were closed.  I figured that they were starting their summer schedule early so I went home and looked online.  I was stunned to see that they were closed permanently!

The next day my new skates showed up!  AAAARGH!

dominioncopyright

Dominion   Original 30"x40" Oil Painting     $2425

Prints on Paper or Canvas Available at    KENDALL KESSLER ART



abeautifulmomemtcopyright

A Beautiful Moment    Original 20"x 16"  Oil Painting     $660

Prints on Paper or Canvas Available at    KENDALL KESSLER ART

Life with The Word and Bird Man - Clyde Kessler

Since my husband is on a computer eight hours a day he knows more than I know.  We did not grow up with them so we are baffled at times.  

Now I am trying to figure out a Yoast plug in that I downloaded.

So far we aren't cussing the computer but I think we will be soon!  I wish one of us was a computer whiz!  I hate how we have to call on someone that is our son's age to help.  Such is life!

No comments:

Post a Comment