KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Friday, April 11, 2014

Ghost Story from The New River Valley near The Blue Ridge Parkway and Spring Nature Walk Tomorrow!

My Artwork
branchesnrbig (1)Branches Over The New River from Bisset Park    Original Oil Pastel has been sold

Prints on Paper or Canvas Available at       KENDALL KESSLER ART

New River Valley Ghost Stories

I have always loved ghost stories.  On one vacation I read a selection of ghost stories by Edith Wharton that I especially liked.

The New River Valley has it's ghost stories and since I have painted so many scenes of the New River and The Blue Ridge Parkway I thought it would be fun to include some of this region's hair raising tales.

The Holiday Inn sits on land that used to be a plantation known as Jacob's Lantern.  There is a night club called "Attitudes" in the hotel. A manager has reported that he has been asked to turn down the music when there was no one playing music. 

He has also heard voices and laughter in the club when no one was around.

I found this ghost story in the online publication Shadowlands Haunted Places - Index Virginia.

eveningriverscenecopyrightEvening River Scene     Original 30"x40"  Oil Painting       $2425.00

Prints on Paper or Canvas Available at     KENDALL KESSLER ART


Life with The Bird and Word Man - Clyde Kessler

Be sure to come with your children for The Spring Discovery Walk this Saturday with my Bird Man, Clyde Kessler, and photographer Nancy Kent!  They are going to share their knowledge of flowers and insects in  beautiful Wildwood Park in Radford City and Nancy will help visitors learn how to take great pictures!

My husband has dedicated his life to the preservation of his beautiful mountain home.  He has led many nature walks in Radford, Ferrum, and The Blue Ridge Parkway, to name a few.  I can honestly say he is the most knowledgeable person I have ever known.  When he was a child he read the Encyclopedia and I don't think he has forgotten any of it.

I always ask him first before I look something up.  It is very hard to stump him and unlike the comedic Expert Panel on the great Red Green show, he really does know what he is talking about.

On that hilarious Canadian show they have a panel of expert men that is dedicated to the three words men can't say which are-- I don't know.    Clyde will say I don't know but I hardly ever hear those words because he does know.

clyde2014
The Bird and Word Man        Clyde Kessler
Come out for a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment