KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Friday, April 4, 2014

Waterfalls Near The Blue Ridge Parkway and The Cedar Mountain Witch...

fivemilemtcopyrightAnother Look at Five Mile Mountain  Original Oil Painting   25"x40"   $2025.00

Prints on paper or canvas available at   KENDALL KESSLER ART

Five Mile Mountain near The Blue Ridge Parkway has a beautiful waterfall that I painted three times.  I did one for my father-in-law and then decided to do two more versions of this beautiful scene. 

I have always loved creeks and spent a lot of time around them when I was a kid.

We were fortunate to live in a suburb that bordered a small private residence that had a large field and a creek running through it.  It was my favorite place to be and I often went there by myself. 

It is no wonder I married a naturalist.

secludedwaterfallcopyright
Secluded Water Fall       Original Oil Painting    14"x 11"       $313.00

Prints on Paper or Canvas  available at       KENDALL KESSLER ART

Here is another wonderful  Mountain legend from Blue Ridge Highlander.com!


Witch of Cedar Mountain

Just before you get to Dahlonega coming from Union County, at the crossroads GA 60 and Highway 19, you ’ll notice a rather tall stack of stones in the center of the junction with a large plaque accompanying.  

The plaque tells of the Cherokee princess Trahlyta, enchanted with great beauty obtained from “Witch of Cedar Mountain.”

It is was said that the witch knew of the secrets of the magic springs of eternal youth located 3/4 of a mile from here. Trahlyta’s tribe lived on Cedar Mountain north of Dahlonega.  Trahlyta was to said to drink from a nearby Fountain of Youth to maintain her renowned beauty.

Legend has it that Wahsega a rejected suitor kidnapped the great beauty Trahlyta.  Taken far from her homeland she lost the enchantment of her beauty.  Dying of a broken heart and away form the powers of the magic spring Wahsega promised to return her to her homelands and bury her near the magic spring.

Laid to rest under a large stack of stones, Trahlyta remains legendary to her people and her beloved mountains.   Travelers who passed by the stone covered grave often add a stone to the stack for good fortune.

Life with The Word and Bird Man - Clyde Kessler
My husband and I get very irritated with technology.  We both agree that the improvements in technology are, for the most part, helpful, but everything is getting so complicated it is difficult to keep up.   

I cussed, in private, big time after my Aperture program was upgraded.    Nothing much was changed and then a week after it was up-dated my files disappeared.

My husband up-graded his phone and we can't figure it out.  The manual has to be viewed online.   When you can't just pick up a phone and use it then there is a high probability of loud cussing by the owner.  

We both did that yesterday.

Sometimes I wish I had grown up with computers.

No comments:

Post a Comment