KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Monday, April 28, 2014

Another Radford City Ghost Story and Not just any Idiot...

My Artwork


windingflowerpathcopyrightWinding Flower Path    Original Oil Painting has been Sold

Prints on Paper or Canvas available at   KENDALL KESSLER ART


The beautiful weather has inspired me to put up this colorful floral that was sold in a gallery in North Carolina

mushroomccopyright
Mushroom Clouds   Original 30"x40"  Oil painting        $2425
Prints on Paper or Canvas Available at     KENDALL KESSLER ART

There is nothing like the beautiful light in the mountains!  Not a cloud in the sky is fine, but I prefer skies with clouds!

Another Radford City Ghost Story

I having a lot of fun looking up New River Valley Ghost stories.  I am a very skeptical person but they are great stories whether or not they are are true!

La Rivierie which is located in Radford by The New River is said to be haunted by a Lady that appears in a mirror.  The 10 room mansion was constructed by Mary Draper Ingles grandson but was destroyed in a fire before the couple moved in.  The mansion was rebuilt according to the same specifications.

Some say the woman that haunts the mansion is Mary Draper Ingles.  There is a woman's image that seems to be burned into the mirror that can be seen from a certain angle.  

Another theory is a that the image is of Anne Mclanahan who was a frequent visitor to the mansion.  She was looking for her cat during a thunderstorm.  Supposedly she was standing in front of the mirror when a lightening bolt blast seared her image in the mirror.  The mirror was new and residents noticed the change after her visit.

People say she haunts the mansion and is referred to as The Lady in the Mirror.

I got this story from Strange USA.com

Life with The Word and Bird Man - Clyde Kessler

My husband and I have had a lot of trouble with vacuum cleaners.  I always look for objects that will break them, but, either I don't find them all, or the vacuum cleaners just aren't any good.

This time I am determined to take good care of the one we recently bought and I have the box with everything in it so we can return it for a full refund.   I don't like to insure household objects, but this time I am making an exception.

I used to have one that required bags but our new one has to be emptied.  I am trying not to do anything stupid so I asked Clyde to empty it and then show me how.  He showed me where the lever was and I then remarked that, of course, any idiot could put it back together.

He said, with eyes wide open, not just any idiot, this idiot!

No problem.  Maybe we can hang on to one this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment