KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Blog Approach and I hope I don't have to run away...

I like to write about my painting but it is so difficult to come up with words that describe the experience that I think I just want to repeat myself all the time.  I decided to take a different approach to my blog and write about the subjects themselves.  I taught for twenty years so I like to learn and look things up.

I am going to start with horses since I have been getting a lot of attention for my paintings of horses.  My new Kendall Expressions horses stumbled for a long time on Stumbleupon and Blue Ridge Pasture Horses got so many hits on Etsy one day  that the administrators sent me an email to congratulate me.

Here are a few interesting myths and facts about these beautiful animals that have accumulated over the centuries.

Sitting backwards on a donkey - cure for snakebites and toothache

A pregnant woman seeing a donkey - the child will grow wise and well behaved

If you see a white dog you should be silent until you see a white horse.

In Wales a gray horse is considered to be a death omen.

In England and Germany dreaming of a white horse is considered a death omen.

It was thought that warts could be cured by circling them in horse hair.

If a woman is pregnant and the heart beat of her baby sounds like a

horse it is said to be a girl, however if it sounds like a train it is said to be a boy.

The Przewalski's horse is the only truly wild horse still in existence.  It is found in Mongolia.

Horses have better senses of smell and hearing then humans.

Equine assisted therapy is a growing field where horses help people with a wide range of mental health issues.

I could go on and on but I thought these were the more interesting facts and myths about horses.

I am hoping that I won't be facing major surgery soon but I think it is inevitable.  Whenever I think of surgery I think of my mother.  Years ago she made a decision to have surgery that she was advised to have.  She had such a hard time recovering that she told me the next time they wouldn't catch her!

I wonder if I can run away...

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!!!!

Art Prints
Photography Prints
Photography Prints

No comments:

Post a Comment