KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Blue Ridge Parkway Artist, More Floral Favorites, and I hate that Saying!

Blue Ridge Parkway Artist



Here are two more Favorite Florals

verandaflowers (1)Hanging Beauty  Original      Oil pastel painting

Prints on Paper, Canvas, or Metal and Greeting Cards Available at   KENDALL KESSLER ART


Hanging Beauty is an intense oil pastel painting of flowers on our veranda. The strong light effect creates a beautiful atmosphere and great warm/cool color contrast. My husband, Clyde Kessler, is a well-known naturalist in the New River Valley and in addition to his bird and butterfly knowledge, he is also very knowledgeable about flowers and good at growing them. He has the green thumb in the family. Mine is usually covered in oil paint.


rosestart3 (1)

Hanging Beauty  Original      Oil pastel painting

Prints on Paper, Canvas, or Metal and Greeting Cards Available at   KENDALL KESSLER ART


Rose Start is a glowing oil pastel of our rose bush when it was first starting out. We have a small white fence around it to protect it. I have always been fascinated with the look of white objects in the evening. They seem to glow from with-in and I captured that look in this work. Carnival Evening by Henri Rousseau is a great example of this effect. I especially enjoy looking at that painting for the use of the white that creates a magical effect.

 


Life with The Word and Bird Man - Clyde Kessler

Like any married couple we have learned a lot about our different backgrounds over the years.  One thing my mother did that Clyde's mother did not do was repeat helpful sayings.  I heard these so many times that they got to be quite irritating and the most irritating thing was I was too stubborn to apply them to my life.   

The one I hate the most to this day is Penny wise and Pound foolish.   I am amazed at the number of times I have chosen the cheap route that ended up costing me more later.  I actually make Clyde come with me to the store to help me buy certain items so I won't get stuck with the cheap one that caught my eye.  He always gets the better item, usually the medium priced one.


Anyway I like to change some of those sayings and the other night when I was fooling with laundry late in the evening I said to Clyde, "Women's work is never done and it ain't no fun."  I think that is an improvement on that one.

 

Be Sure to check out my Special Promotions that end Tomorrow at 5:00!

Ridgeland Winter Beauty is on special all November!

Click on KENDALL KESSLER ART and then go to the painting in the Floral folder  and click on the 24"x 36" canvas print of Natural Rhythm for the 40% discount.

There is a money back guarantee that includes shipping fee!


 

 ridgelandcopyrightjpgWinter Ridgeland Beauty  Original  8" x 10"  Oil Painting $168

Prints on Paper or Canvas and greeting cards Available at    KENDALL KESSLER ART


 stepstonesbig2 (1)

Stepping Stones on The New River  Original Oil Painting   has been Sold

Prints on Paper or Canvas and greeting cards Available at    KENDALL KESSLER ART

lionexplosionbig (1)

Lion Explosion  Original  20"x16" Acrylic Painting  $670

Prints on Paper or Canvas and greeting cards Available at    KENDALL KESSLER ART


 

Thank you for looking at paintings by an Artist of The Blue Ridge Parkway

No comments:

Post a Comment