KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Friday, October 31, 2014

Blue Ridge Parkway Artist, People Paintings, and Seize the Day?

Blue Ridge Parkway Artist

 

Please click on my Youtube and send it to Stumbleupon!


I have been trying all day to get a blog done but this day has shot by so fast I am looking at all the things I needed to do in the rear view mirror! 

My husband had a weird suggestion.  He noticed I still have my mallet and chisel from a sculpture class I took a long time ago.  Maybe I can pound or carve it into a better day that doesn't fly by? 

Like I said.  Weird suggestion, but what else would you expect  from The Word and Bird Man?


muchroompickercopyrightThe Mushroom Picker   Original 32" x 40" Oil Painting $2580.00

Prints on Paper or Canvas and Greeting Cards Available at   KENDALL KESSLER ART


The Mushroom Picker is a languid view of a mushroom picker at Pandapas Pond in Giles County. This is one of many sites that my husband, Clyde, researches for birds and butterflies. On one of his excursions he came upon this man and took a slide of him which I used for the painting. The light in this scene was intense and flickering though out the bank.

It looked like it was dancing around the figure. 


watergitlbigMy Turn  Original 20" x 19" Pastel Painting    $790

 Prints on Paper or Canvas and Greeting Cards Available at   KENDALL KESSLER ART


My Turn is a delightful pastel painting of a toddler watering flowers. I love to watch children.  They are in a world all their own.  It is no wonder they like to believe in fairies!  The flower garden is on the edge of a woods and the cool foliage colors beautifully accent the warm colors in the girl's hair and clothing. I live to paint but I also work in pastels and other mediums.

 

I am very proud of my American Artist Award from famed pastelist Daniel Greene.


Thank you for looking at paintings by an artist of The Blue Ridge Parkway

No comments:

Post a Comment