KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Blue Ridge Parkway Artist, Expressive Men paintings, and No one gave him a Ticket...

Blue Ridge Parkway Artist

Please click on my Youtube and send it to Stumbleupon!

More People Paintings

Sometimes I like to paint people that I don't know in an intensely expressive manner.  The vendor here is bathed in coloristic light and strong cool shadows. 


vendor (1)Vendor   Painting Not For Sale

Prints on Paper or Canvas and Greeting Cards Available at  KENDALL KESSLER ART


Vendor is an expressive, colorful look at a street vendor in a parking lot. The color contrast makes this painting an especially eye-catching work. My work is unique to me but it harkens back to both Impressionism and Expressionism. This painting is one of my more Expressionistic works like the work of Edvard Munch, one of my favorite painters.



intensity (1)

Intensity   Painting Not For Sale

Prints on Paper or Canvas and Greeting Cards Available at  KENDALL KESSLER ART


Intensity is my most expressive portrait. The color contrast and strong brushwork make this an exciting visual experience. I love to push warm/cool color relations and get them to sing. This painting is a great example of that concept. The man is lost in thought but not oblivious of his surroundings. The shadows add to the expression and emphasize the value patterns that connect the space.


 

Life with The Word and Bird Man - Clyde Kessler


A few days ago a bear was spotted in downtown Radford!  This certainly doesn't happen very often but the incident inspired my husband to come up with his own report!  Leave it to my husband to turn a scary event into something funny!


Early this evening a bear was sighted running a red light in downtown Radford. 

It is supposed that it was late for a fraternity pledge or a movie.  No police officer  bothered to stop it for a ticket.


Thank you for looking at paintings by an Artist of The Blue Ridge Parkway

No comments:

Post a Comment