KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Friday, October 17, 2014

Blue Ridge Parkway Artist, One more Skating Paintings, and He wants to add This...

Blue Ridge Parkway Artist


Please click on my latest Youtube on my Floral paintings and send it to Stumbleupon!


This pastel painting, "Skating", is the last of my skating paintings.  This one is a celebration of my sister Anne.   In elementary school she joined the girl scouts and earned a badge for ice skating.  The instructors at the rink were so impressed with her natural ability that they encouraged her to take lessons.  

 

 

She became quite an accomplished skater and completed three of the preliminary tests to be an Olympic contender.  She decided she didn't want to compete but has been an Ice Skating Instructor in Sterling, Virginia for many years.  This painting is a celebration of her gift.  She is the figure in the top center and the other skaters are famous skaters.  I changed their faces so I wouldn't run into any copyright issues.

 

 

I have always been impressed with her skill.  I also ice skated when I was a child but just for fun and exercise.  When I moved to Southwest Virginia I took up roller skating since the nearest ice rink is in Roanoke, VA.  As I mentioned in previous blogs, I was very disappointed when the local rink closed this past Spring.  I hope another one opens up in the future.

skatingbig (1)

Skating   Original Pastel Painting has been Sold

Prints on Paper or Canvas and Greeting Cards are Available at    KENDALL KESSLER ART

 

Life with The Word and Bird Man - Clyde Kessler

The other day I mentioned my husband's addition to all the warnings on drug commercials.  He said that if you are dead, stop taking this medication. 

Yesterday he added this.  If you are dead, stop taking this medication and call your lawyer.

 

Don't forget about the hike on Sunday!  Join The Blue Ridge Discovery Center for a great time!

Blue Ridge Expeditions: Hike Brushy Mountain between Bastian and Bland

Sat, October 18, 12am – Sun, October 19, 12am

 

Where
Appalachian Trail, Brushy Mountain between Bastian and Bland
Calendar
BRDC Web Calendar
Created by
aaron@blueridgediscoverycenter.org
Description
On October 18th join BRDC on Brushy Mountain between Bastian and Bland. All hikes are on the famed Appalachian Trail, a 2,200 mile footpath from Georgia to Maine, completed

I hope you enjoyed paintings by an artist of The Blue Ridge Parkway

No comments:

Post a Comment