KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Monday, September 1, 2014

Nude Girl Drawings by a Blue Ridge Parkway Artist and 31 Stomachs...

Nude Girl Drawings by Kendall Kessler


I want to start off with one of my Youtube videos!  I am adding one a week so I want to be sure to get them out to the public!

Here are two more selections in black and white that I decided to make color versions of.  What a great experience to look at a completed drawing and re-interpret it in color!  

As I have mentioned before, some of them I like better in color and some in black and white.  Art is always an experience for me that can't be explained.

reachingoutcopyrightReaching Out     24"x 18"  Original Charcoal Drawing      $894

Prints on Paper or Canvas Available at     KENDALL KESSLER

reachingoutcolorbig (1)

Reaching Out in Color     24"x 18"  Original Pastel Painting      $894

Prints on Paper or Canvas Available at     KENDALL KESSLER

When I taught in the Art Department at Radford Univerisity I would try to explain Art to students but I found the only way I could really explain it was to have them do it, which is why my Art Appreciation classes were "Hands On".  

When students had to make visual decisions then they started to catch on to what Art is all about.  Drawing is integral to the discipline but Art is so much more then reproducing nature.

In this case I prefer the color painting to the black and white drawing.  The color accents are strong and I like the light effect better in the pastel one. 


Life with the Word and Bird Man - Clyde Kessler


Last year I decided to take off a lot of years from our ages.  I asked my husband how it felt to be thirty years old!  The only response I got was a sour look.

Yesterday was his birthday so I asked him how it felt to turn thirty-one.  This year I got a sour look and a sour comment.

You mean turn 31 stomachs when they look at me?
Ha Ha.  No, that is not what I meant.

No comments:

Post a Comment