KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Monday, September 15, 2014

Blue Ridge Parkway Artist, People Paintings, and Chief of the Beef

Blue Ridge Parkway People Paintings

I have done a number of family and friend portraits over the years.  I have also done some commissions but most of my people paintings have been done because I wanted to.  They are for sale and a number of them have been sold.  My son's friends were a favorite source of inspiration. 

I have also done a number of paintings of my husband and son.   I remember, years ago, when Elaine DeKooning visited Radford University, she made a remark about portraits.  She said they were like smoking cigarettes.  A habit she couldn't break.  I don't smoke but I do like to paint portraits and welcome commissions.

alandandclydebig (1)Alan and Clyde  Original 36" x 26" Oil Painting     $20,000

Prints on Paper or Canvas Available at    KENDALL KESSLER ART


This is a very important painting for me.  Alan was nine months old and when he was two he smiled at the painting and climbed up on a chair and added the mark on my husband's right shoulder and the one on the right side of his nose with a crayon.  He made it complete!


IMG_0875

 

Joy  Original 12" x 9" Pastel Painting     $2000.00

Prints on Paper or Canvas Available at    KENDALL KESSLER ART


My husband has a wonderful saying that when someone is happy they smile all over themselves!  This pastel painting is a perfect example!

 

Please check out my Special Promotions that will end Wednesday at 5:00pm.  Cloud Swirl over The Peaks of Otter is on special all September! 

Click on Kendall Kessler Art and then go to the painting the Mountain Paintings folder and click on the 24"x 36" canvas print for the 40% discount. 

There is a money back guarantee that includes shipping fee!

cloudswirlpoocopyrightCloud Swirl over The Peaks of Otter    Original 18"x24" Oil Painting    $864

Prints on Paper or Canvas and greeting cards Available at    KENDALL KESSLER ART


burningshorecopyright

Burning Shore    Original  Oil Painting  has been sold  $864

Prints on Paper or Canvas and greeting cards Available at    KENDALL KESSLER ART


eagleexpress (1)

Eagle Fire    Original 16" x 20" Oil Painting    $670

Prints on Paper or Canvas and greeting cards Available at    KENDALL KESSLER ART

 

Life with The Word and Bird Man - Clyde Kessler

 

My husband is very good about helping with my stir fry meal.  I do most of the work but he helps here and there.  Yesterday I asked him to pound the beef to make it tender.  I think that works much better than tenderizers.

Hey, please pound the beef.

Should I slam the ham, too?

We don't have any ham.

Okay, I will be Chief of the Beef.

Thank you, smart alec.


I hope you enjoyed paintings by an artist of The Blue Ridge Parkway!

No comments:

Post a Comment