KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Friday, September 26, 2014

Blue Ridge Parkway, People Paintings, and Line Dancing Tonight!

Blue Ridge Parkway Artist

 Here are two more portraits of my son Alan.  These paintings are very special!


Allookmebig (1)Alan Looking at Me    Original  24" x 18"  Oil Painting     $7000.00

Prints on Paper or Canvas and Greeting Cards Available at    KENDALL KESSLER ART


Looking at Me is a painting of my son when he was nine months old.  I did a number of paintings from photographs of Alan when he was young and I was amazed at how he seemed to pose for me when he was a baby.

In one photograph, as soon as he saw the camera he grabbed his foot and held it up and grinned.


We are always amazed at how fast our children grow up and I miss a lot of his younger years. I still have many vivid memories of all that he did and said. I wrote down many things he said so I wouldn't forget those times. I am especially pleased with the sumptuous light effect in this painting.

aloncouchbig (1)

Alan on The Couch    Original  25" x 40"  Oil Painting     $10,000.00

Prints on Paper or Canvas and Greeting Cards Available at    KENDALL KESSLER ART


Alan on the Couch is a painting I did years ago and was not happy with the result. I recently got it back out and worked on it and now I am satisfied with it. My son, Alan, is biting his lip and holding his ball for a rare still moment. I spent a lot of time chasing after him as he tried to jump over the sides of the couch.

I am especially pleased with the light effect and the bold brushwork in this painting.


Life with The Word and Bird Man - Clyde Kessler


Years ago I started taking Line Dancing lessons in an attempt to give up skating. I was becoming more and more afraid of the people that don't know how to skate at rinks. Well, it didn't work so now I do both and my husband took lessons for a while.  He has to get up in the middle of the night for work so he quit the lessons.

He isn't much for going out at night so once in a while I go Line Dancing with friends from the class.  It is great fun and hopefully we will be there tonight!  Looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment