KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Sunday, September 23, 2012

My Drawing on The Mindy Project and They almost went flying...

Just a few more days and I can see my most popular work of art, "Reaching Out" on The Mindy Project.  I hope it will be reasonably visible.  The print that was ordered was 10"x8".  I have sold a lot of prints of all sizes of this drawing but mostly large prints.  The show airs at 9:30 Tuesday night.  I have been reading about it and it looks like it may be a hit according to the critics.  The set director said if it was a hit they may ask for more of my work.  I hope so!  My first Youtube video is about my beautiful nudes and features "Reaching Out".  I am proud of my first effort.  My next video will feature my portrait work and I will talk about why I have made only one celebrity portrait which is a pastel of David Garrett. 

I am back to oil paint which is what I love and hate the most.  You have to spend a lot of time painting in oils to appreciate what I just said.   I disagree with artists that think watercolors is the most difficult painting medium.  I have a much easier time getting what I want with watercolors -especially the colors.   I am working on a still life and, as always, I am determined to express myself and not be a slave to what is in front of me.  I am surprised there weren't cats running for their lives yesterday as I pelted the apples and pears right out the window.  Actually, they are still on the stand and I will do battle later today.

Be sure to check out my canvas print specials on Fine Art America!

 Photography Prints

Photography Prints

Sell Art Online

No comments:

Post a Comment