KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Friday, March 30, 2012

Sold Another Original and You might be able to do a Big Hour if...


I am so pleased to sell another original oil painting of this gorgeous region to a great patron in North Carolina. It is always great to sell prints but I am mostly concerned with selling original works of art. It is what I do and I want to find homes for all of them.

I recently saw the comedy, "The Big Year" with Steve Martin, Jack Black, and Owen Wilson. The movie is based on a birding competition where enthusiasts vie for the most species viewed in one year. Since I have lived my adult life with a dedicated naturalist who mostly studies birds and butterflies, this was a great movie for me. I thought they did a terrific job and so did my husband. I wouldn't be surprised if my husband had the time to participate that he would win. He has seen over 200 species a year of birds just in the small city of Radford. Anyway, I jokingly told him that maybe I could do a Big Year. He said I might be able to do a Big Hour lying on the beach while someone else held the binoculars and collected the data. I want everyone to know that is totally false. I wouldn't be lying on the beach while someone else collected the data. I would be body surfing in the ocean while someone else collected the data.

Be sure to check out my limited time promotions this week on Fine Art America! Get a great deal on some on my most popular works.
Art Prints
Art Prints
Art Prints

No comments:

Post a Comment