KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Monday, March 26, 2012

Got the Pastels out Again and How to Solve the Oil crisis and ...


Sometimes oil paint drives me up a tree and I have to retreat for a while. As I have said before, I haven't met the medium I don't like but I do think oil paint is the most difficult 2-D medium. I know there are watercolor artists howling right now at such an absurd statement. Most painters insist watercolors to be the technically most difficult medium but I have done it all and nothing frustrates me more then oil paint. I wouldn't give it up for anything but once in a while we have to part company. It is great to be working in pastels for a while.

I don't want to repeat myself in these blogs but I am at an age when memory sometimes fails and I don't want to go through and check to see if I have said this before, so, if I did, please forgive. I know how to simultaneously solve the oil crisis and the obesity crisis in this country. We need paddle cars. If we can put a man on the moon why can't we come up with a car that is made in such a way that it can be paddled with a reasonable amount of effort so people could stay in shape by driving their cars? I thought of this several years ago and last year there was a tongue in cheek article in the Readers Digest that had the same suggestion. I want everyone to know I DID NOT get the idea from that article. I THOUGHT OF IT FIRST! Of course, a lot of other people probably thought of it to. Anyway, I think it is a great idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment