KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Monday, March 19, 2012

My Favorite Nude Pastel Paintings and They got Those Fries from...


I have sold a number of prints of "Reaching Out" and other charcoal and conte crayon nude drawings but no pastel paintings so far. I am pleased with all of my nudes but I especially like the pastel nudes. I guess that is the colorist in me coming out. I have always been mesmerized by color and I hardly ever do line drawings. The range of greys is the color I use in the black and whites. I do have one intense ink nude that I am going to add to my portfolio as soon as I finish my current painting which is driving me crazier than I already am. I hope to have it finished in the next few days.

I'm sure everyone is sick of hearing about my husband's stomach problems but his restrictions are always leading to some kind of funny remark. My favorite is the one about the shark leaping out of the water begging for its life if someone threw a piece of rice bread in the ocean. I couldn't resist putting that one in a blog. One of the really good things he can still eat is french fries. I don't know anyone that hates those. Sometimes fast food places have ones that are dried out and pretty nasty. The other day my husband got some that were so bad he said they stole them from some poor fisherman that was going to use them for bait.
Photography Prints
Art Prints
Art Prints

No comments:

Post a Comment