KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Friday, August 15, 2014

Nude Girl Drawings by a Blue Ridge Parkway Artist and You can't make Brownies with Donuts!

Nude Girl Drawings by a Blue Ridge Parkway Artist

I am still showing my artistic nude drawings and will be for a while.  I am anxious to get back to my other work but I wanted to share these for a while.  I am proud of the craftmanship and expression I achieve in these works.

There are so many mediums to use to make intensely expressive drawings.  Conte crayons are a favorite medium but I think my favorite will always be charcoal.  I especially like the charcoal blocks to get deep blacks and complicated textures. 

Color is the most important part of my work so when I work in black and white or one color I like to have a wide range of values.  Black and white drawings with a wide range of grays are like color to me.


modellifecopyrightModel Life   Original 18"x24" Charcoal Drawing       $894

Prints on Paper or Canvas and Greeting Cards Available at   KENDALL KESSLER ART


In this drawing, instead of inanimate objects on a table, there is a beautiful model.  I am especially pleased with the use of space in this one.


stretch copyright

Stretch   Original 24"x18" Charcoal Drawing       $894

Prints on Paper or Canvas and Greeting Cards Available at   KENDALL KESSLER ART


In Stretch I succeeded in getting a strong sense of volume with a minimum amount of lines and marks.  You really feel the figure stretching out in this drawing!

 

Life with The Word and Bird Man - Clyde Kessler


I have never been good at sleeping.  I have a hard time settling down and I tend to work so hard during the day that I am often sore when I go to bed.  It usually takes me a long time to get to sleep while my husband drops right off.

I have a lot of very strange dreams.  I think I remember so many of them because I don't sleep soundly and wake up a lot.

Last night I had one about brownies.  I dreamed that I didn't have any flour but I did have some sugar coated donuts so I decided to use them!  The dream ended before the taste test so we will never know.  I think I will go make some brownies!

No comments:

Post a Comment