KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Monday, August 11, 2014

Blue Ridge Parkway Artist, More Beautiful Nudes, and It hurts, too!

Blue Ridge Artist

I still have a lot of beautiful nude drawings to share here.  When I was in school I loved using different mediums to draw the model.  Each medium has a unique expression and it is always fun to explore all the ways it can be used.  

There is no end to the different ways charcoal, ink, conte crayon, etc. can be used to enhance the drawing and make it something to be looked at for it's own sake.   

Although I like all styles of art, I have never understood the fascination with photo-realism, or, as some artists call it, hyper-realism.  When an aritst seeks to copy what photographs capture I wonder that they don't just make photography their medium. 

 I have no problem copying a photograph or painting in a hyper-real style but I only do that if it is a commission.  My work is about my reaction to what I see and how to put myself into it.

turning in on onesselfbig (1)Woman Alone with Shadows   24" x 18" India Ink Drawing      $894

Prints on Paper or Canvas and Greeting Cards Available at    KENDALL KESSLER ART

I love the wonderful linear accents of this drawing.


nudeslide (1)Repose     Original Drawing Not for Sale

Prints on Paper or Canvas and Greeting Cards Available at   KENDALL KESSLER ART

This is one of my favorite charcoal drawings.  The rich blacks and soft textures are especially intriguing in this work.



Limited Time Promotions on Fine Art America

These three are still available at 40% reduced price on  at Fine Art America!  

There is a 30 day money back guarantee that includes the shipping price!

breakcloudscopyrightA Break in The Clouds     Original Oil Painting has been Sold

Prints on Paper or Canvas and Greeting Cards Available at   KENDALL KESSLER ART


Here are the Other two Painting on the Special Promotion section!


burningshorecopyright

Burning Shore    Original Oil Painting has been Sold

Prints on Paper or Canvas and Greeting Cards Available at   KENDALL KESSLER ART


lionexplosionbig (1)

Lion Explosion  Original 20"x16" Oil Painting $670

Prints on Paper or Canvas and Greeting Cards Available at   KENDALL KESSLER ART


 



Life with The Word and Bird Man - Clyde Kessler

My husband and I come from a time period when not many people tattooed their body.  Now it is rare to see people without tattoos.  

I love what one person said on Facebook in response to the fact he had no tattoos.  He asked if the person had ever seen bumper stickers on a Ferrari.   

 Don't get me wrong.  I am not against them, they just aren't for me.

 We were discussing this on a walk and my husband was a little ahead of me.  I think many people will not like the way the tattoo looks as they age.  He replied that they can be taken off.  I said and it hurts, too!  He laughed because he had just said it was a painful procedure. 

 I didn't hear him say that. Well, it does hurt!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment