KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Rocky Knob on The Beautiful Blue Ridge Parkway and I just don't Understand...

My Artwork
rockyknobcopyrightRocky Knob in Fall    30"x40 oil

Original Painting has been sold

Prints on paper or canvas available at kendall-kessler.artistwebsites.com

Rocky Knob

My husband's favorite perch is Rocky Knob which overlooks Rock Castle Gorge on The Blue Ridge Parkway.  It is called Rocky Knob because the field is full of rocks. When my son was young he and a friend would run down the field to one of the larger rocks to play on. 

 I think my husband is more content on this perch than anywhere else on the parkway.

I will always have a picture in my mind of him sitting in his chair holding his binoculars or walking the trails with friends and relatives.

The painting at the top is one view of Rock Castle Gorge from Rocky Knob in Autumn.  I have done many paintings of the different views of Rock Castle Gorge.
rockcastlecopyrightRock Castle Gorge

30"x40" Oil painting $2425.00

 Prints on paper or canvas available at kendall-kessler.artistwebsites.com

 Black Bears Thriving

The black bear has made quite a comeback in the Blue Ridge Mountains which is great but hikers need to be aware of them and tread carefully.

On one visit to Rocky Knob my husband and son were coming back up the field at Rocky Knob and a bear was coming after them.  My husband wasn't aware of the bear but my son called out BEAR.

My husband turned around and reached up high in the air with a stick he was carrying and yelled at the charging bear.  The bear took off and I am very grateful that my son was paying close attention to what was going on and that my husband knew what to do.

Life with The Bird and Word Man

Over the years I have taken many pictures of my husband that I have based paintings on and others he has used for promotion purposes for Poetry magazines.

I just don't understand why the pictures I take of him now aren't as great as the ones I took when we were first married!  Must be the camera!  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment