KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Another Fancy Gap painting on The Blue Ridge Parkway and Chickens During the Revolutionary War...

My Artwork
Yesterday I mentioned two sales of prints and posted one of them which is Color Swirl.  Here is the other one that went to a great patron in  Downington, Pennsylvania.                             .
 coneflowerscopyrightedCone flowers 24"x30"   $1470.00
I have done a number of Cone flower paintings and am pleased with the captivating colors and textures that draw people in.  

I don't have a favorite color since I work with so many of them.

If someone says they like blue I start to think about all the different kinds of blue and all the ranges of tones of blue so it is a complicated choice for me.

I would say I am partial to cool colors but there is nothing in this world like cadmium red light so I just have to say I like them all and I incorporate all of them in my paintings even when one seems to be the main color.  

Of course, in this painting, magenta reigns supreme!

This week I have one of my favorite florals, Natural Rhythm, on special at Fine Art America.  In these specials I offer large canvas prints of favorite paintings at 40% off the regular price. The price below the picture is the price of the original painting.
natrythmcopyrightNatural Rhythm 30"x40"  $2425.00
 Fancy Gap

Here is the third painting I did from locales near Fancy Gap on The Blue Ridge Parkway.
sunsetnearfancygcopyrightedSunset Near Fancy Gap 30"x40" $2425.00

When I took the shot I based Wildflowers Near Fancy Gap I turned to the other side of the road to see a beautiful sunset.  I quickly took the shot before I burned my retina and am very pleased with the painting.  As always I modified it to suit my own style and the colors and textures are vibrant and exciting.

Life with The Bird and Word Man
As always my naturalist/poet husband, Clyde Kessler,  plays with words so he can make me laugh.  Sometimes he comes up with something so hilarious that I practically need oxygen.  We haven't had to call 911 yet.

If you don't like word play you may not see the humor in this one but I like it.  What do you call a chicken during the Revolutionary War?

ChickencatchaTory

No comments:

Post a Comment