KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Thursday, May 23, 2013

I am Loving it and Don't pull the plug...

I have always used photographs as the basis for my expressive paintings for many reasons.  The main one is the lack of privacy.  People mean well but I can't concentrate when people talk to me when I work.  If I set up an easel outside I am sure to get an audience.  I think I have mentioned this before but I am not positive so here I go again.  I had a friend that insisted on painting plein air and when people talked to her she would ignore them.  I can't do that and I know I have mentioned before that I am not a slave to nature.  Nature is my starting point and I take it from there so it is not necessary for me to paint from life.

Now I have included photography as one of my mediums and I am having a lot of fun presenting them as the end result!  It isn't anywhere near as satisfying to me as painting but I do enjoy it.  I have great respect for the medium, it just isn't what I do. Still, I think my photos are  very interesting additions to my mediums.  If you check out my portfolio you will find oil paintings, charcoal drawings, ink brush drawings,lithographs, etchings, aquatints, pen and ink, oil and soft pastel paintings, watercolors, colored pencil drawings and now, photographs.

Check it out!

My husband and I are completely dry in the humour department so I am going to repeat something I saw on Facebook that brought back memories.  A cat is lying next to a baby with a pacifier and the caption is, " Whatever you do, don't pull the plug".   I am third in a family of four children so I heard a lot of stories about my baby years.  It seems I was perfectly happy if I was fed and had my pacifier.  My two older siblings loved to pull it out.  I would scream and then they would put it back and I was quiet.  I know what that cat was talking about!

Be sure to check out my Limited Time Promotions on Fine Art America and look for my best-selling print, "Reaching Out", on The Mindy Project!

If you didn't catch me on The Hour of Joy you can see me on Episode 5 on her Website!  The show was March 10th.

Art Prints

Sell Art Online
.

No comments:

Post a Comment