KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Monday, June 23, 2014

Blue Ridge Parkway Scalawag and Maybe it is Renting it...

My Artwork


moutainlakeguestscopyrightMountain Lake Evening   40"x30"  Original Oil Painting     $2425

Prints on Paper or Canvas and Greeting Cards Available at   KENDALL KESSLER ART


canoesmtlakecopyrightCanoes, Mountain Lake     Original 30"x40" Oil Painting has been Sold

Prints on Paper or Canvas and Greeting Cards Available at   KENDALL KESSLER ART


Mountain Lake in Giles County was the setting for the hit movie, Dirty Dancing with Patrick Swayze!



I found another paranormal tale about a wild man in The Blue Ridge Mountains!


The Scalawag from Blue Mountain

Jimmie Lee had heard tales about the legendary Big Foot or Sasquatch but never thought he would come into contact with the beast.  He was twelve years old and staying with his uncle and two cousins for the summer.

One morning his uncle told the boys he saw huge  prints near his apple orchard.   Jimmie and his cousins decided to pitch a tent to see if they could see Scalawag!  They were having fun and when the campfire got low they decided to go to sleep at around 11:00.  

About thirty minutes later, the narrator heard a strange hissing sound.  He woke his cousin up and they both heard limbs cracking outside.

They saw with the flashlight a huge mammal like creature with long red fur eating apples in a crouched position. The creature turned and stared at them and they could see a strange human-like face with a pointy head. 

The face was the only part of the creature that did not have fur and was an orange-brown color. It let out a screeching howl and ran off into the woods.

The next day they saw the huge prints with toes in the ground.  The uncle and aunt have heard the noise of the animal since this event and Jimmie Lee swears he has seen Sasquatch!

I got this story from About.com Paranormal Phenomena online


Life with the Word and Bird Man - Clyde Kessler

I have always been nervous about spiders since one of my childhood friends said she had a black widow spider in her garage.   I stayed out of there!  I am not that scared of them but I don't know one from the next so I am cautious.

The other day there was a small black spider in the computer room so I asked The Bird Man who is also very knowledgeable about insects to look at it.  I yelled from the room that there was a spider in the room and would he come check it out.

He asked me if it had it's own web.

I said I didn't know.  Maybe it is renting it.

The Word Man was not amused.

No comments:

Post a Comment