KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Friday, June 13, 2014

Blue Ridge Parkway Animal Legends and You just Proved Your Point!

My Artwork


cameliascopyrightCamellias    Original 13"x10"  Oil Painting  $272

Prints on Paper or Canvas Available at   KENDALL KESSLER ART


One of my favorite florals!  I am especially pleased with the sensuous brushwork and color contrast of this painting!


hikersboardsoansapascopyrightHikers Boards near Pandapas Pond     Original   30"x40" Oil Painting    $2425

Prints on Paper or Canvas Available at   KENDALL KESSLER ART

These boards were place in an especially  wet section of the woods near Pandapas Pond in Giles Co.




Here is another great Cherokee animal legend from Lowell Kirk's online publication, Cherokee Myths and Legends!

The Uktena is a great snake with horns on its head and a blazing crest that looked a diamond on it's forehead.  It is as large as a tree trunk and  has scales that glitter like sparks of fire. It has rings or spots of color along the whole length and is considered to be a great prize to catch.

It can only be wounded on the seventh spot from the head which is where the heart and life of the animal are located. The blazing diamond is called Ulunsut'hi which means transparent.

If a brave wins the diamond, he is considered to be the greatest wonder worker because the light dazzles the hunter and causes him to run toward the snake.

Life with The Word and Bird Man  - Clyde Kessler

Age is relative. I have always wondered about people that think forty is ancient.  It  all depends on which side of the big 40 one is on.  Anyway, my husband and I would not be considered young by most people and we are starting to have a few memory problems.

Yesterday I mentioned a few memory problems that were bothering me.  Later I told him there was another age thing I wanted to mention but I forgot what it was.  He, of course, said you just proved your point!

No comments:

Post a Comment