KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Cat Painting coming along and I need a match

I have started another cat painting and it is coming along nicely.  Not sure how many cat paintings I will do but I have always loved the look in their eyes, especially the domestic ones.  They seem to live with us and apart from us.  At one vet visit I was fascinated by the way one resident cat kept looking at us and then jumping down from the desk only to jump back up a few minutes later.  Always on the prowl.  They are a great subject for expressionistic work.

It has been so cold lately that my husband said he saw a thermometer outside ask for a match!  I guess that would be the only way of getting the mercury to rise.  Of course, our system has sprung a leak when the news is full of stories about extremely overworked plumbers.  The part we have been waiting for is here but no plumber.  We are emptying buckets around the clock.  Oh well!  We still have heat so we can't complain too much.

Be sure to check out my Special Promotions on Fine Art America!  If you would like to order one of my paintings on canvas at 40% off the regular price then check it out!  Patrons have a thirty day money back guarantee, including shipping! As we all know, plumbers are expensive!

MORE CAT FACTS

Cats can drink sea water to re-hydrate themselves

Cats sleep  for 70% of their lives

Cats instinctually imitate the hiss of snakes.


A cat’s whiskers are normally as long as the cat is wide, helping it determine if it can fit into certain spaces!

A genetic study concluded that every domesticated cat in existence could be traced back to a group of only five African Wildcats from the Middle East, circa 8000 BC!



Sell Art Online

Sell Art Online

No comments:

Post a Comment