KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Sold a Dirty Dancing Setting print and I would not be doing that all day long...

So pleased to sell a print of my painting of the setting for  the popular movie, Dirty Dancing with Patrick Swayze!  The Mountain Lake resort in Giles County is a very special place for me.  I used to swim there with college friends and my husband, son, and I spent several holidays there.  It is such a beautiful place and I did two oil  paintings and three oil pastel paintings of  various sites.  Canoes, Mountain Lake is my favorite and the painting is owned by a great North Carolina patron.  The print that sold was from the small sketch for the painting.  I have both in my portfolio.

A few weeks ago I discovered something about myself that was a big surprise.  I get a lot of exercise to keep the  body going and I also do various stretching exercises.  I hadn't tried to touch my toes in many years so I tried and was shocked that I couldn't do it.  So I  decided to use a technique my  physical therapist showed me for a frozen shoulder to stretch the muscles out.  I am doing that exercise at least three times a day but it is easy to forget.

I  told my husband that I was going to do the exercise every time I ate something so that I wouldn't forget to do it. He said that would be all I would be doing every day.  That is ridiculous!  I only eat 8 to 10 times a day!  Still time for all the other things I do!

Photography Prints

Be sure to check out my Limited Time Promotions  on Fine Art America!  I always have three selections on sale. Large canvas prints at 40% off!

The Mindy Project is on  Monday nights right now at 9:30 pm and the show has been renewed for another season!  Check out my best-selling print, "Reaching Out" across from her office desk!

Photography Prints

No comments:

Post a Comment