KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Friday, June 25, 2010

I am so proud of "Cozy"


Yesterday I completed a sumptuous painting with an exceptionally intricate system of brushstrokes. When I was young I didn't quite understand why art books would show close-ups of a tiny portion of a painting. I know now that the purpose is to show the complexity of the visual integration of the visual elements the artist has achieved in the work.

My paintings have become so complex that the rag I wipe my brush on has an incredible number of colors and nuances of color. Painting is such an exciting experience for hard-working disciplined artists. I wish I could make my living at it rather than just part of it but the most important thing is to create and I will never quit.

sunset paintings

river paintings

impressionism prints

impressionism framed prints

green pastels

No comments:

Post a Comment