KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Fine Art America Contests

One of the sites that features my art, fineartamerica.com, is now hosting various contests among the members. I am enjoying this feature as it is another way to make my work more visible. Currently I am entered in the oil painting contest and I look forward to seeing how many visitors and other artists vote for my work.

I have been painting in oils since I was thirteen. For two years at Langley High School in McLean, Virginia I painted two hours at school everyday. I also put in many hours at home. Eventhough I consider myself competent in many mediums I am primarily an oil painter and I never stop learning about the medium. Many people think that painters know how to paint and they paint. Oftentimes the general populace does not realize that painters are always learning to paint which is what makes it such an exciting occupation. My surfaces have become so complex that every square inch is an extremely dense combination of color and texture that I cannot achieve twice in the same way. I balance between control and accident. I look forward to every moment that I can work at my style.

I hope you will visit my work at http://kendall-kessler.fineartamerica.com/or come by Towhee Hill Studio which is open 3-5 Tuesdays and Thursdays. I ask patrons to call ahead in case of emergencies. 540-257-3437

No comments:

Post a Comment