KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Monday, July 28, 2014

Blue Ridge Parkway Artist, People Art, and Now I can't find my Shoes...

My Artwork

I do not live on the Blue Ridge Parkway.  I live near it and so much of my artwork is about this gorgeous mountain region.  I prefer Blue Ridge Parkway Artist to Southwest Virginia Artist so I am going to stick with the slightly innacurate one.

I have been blogging about so many different aspects of the Blue Ridge Mountains that I thought I would take a break and focus on the other kinds of artwork that I do.  I have never understood what people mean when they talk about artist's block. 

 I just wish I had the time to paint all the things I want to paint.  I am never at a loss as to what to paint and I am never bored.  I love what I do and I am determined to get all of it out to the world!

As usual, my main gripe is I wish someone could add more hours to the day!

In addition to mountain paintings I also paint people I know and genre scenes so I will blog some about them.

I come from a family with many artists and musicians and I play the piano every day for my own fun and to keep my fingers going.

A contemporary musician I greatly admire is the internationally acclaimed violinist David Garrett.  The portrait I did of him is my only celebrity portrait.  It is based on a photograph that was taken at a concert in San Diego.  

I contacted the woman that took the photograph and she gave me permission to use it.  I contacted David Garrett's estate and received permission to paint him.

davidgarretsmallDavid Garrett     Kendall F. Kessler


See more of my work that is available to purchase at  KENDALL KESSLER ART


Life with The Word and Bird Man - Clyde Kessler

I spend a lot of time looking for my glasses.  I have to have everything carefully put away or I can't find a thing.  

I usually don't have trouble finding my shoes but lately I have been leaving them in places that I don't usually put them so now I am looking for them as well.

My husband has had his glasses on and actually asked co-workers where they were!
We ain't what we used to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment