KENDALL KESSLER'S OIL PAINTING DIARY

Friday, February 14, 2014

Excited about Starting a New Blog and Enough Snow to Drown in...

 Kendall Kessler Art

I am looking forward to starting a new blog with Wordpress.  I will probably just copy the one I have here and post it there.  I am anxious to get more traffic and hopefully show up higher on Google search results!

Kendall Kessler Expressions


I am having a great time with my latest Kendall Expression of a domestic cat.  This one is in oils and I am always happiest working in that medium.  It is my favorite.

I just wish oil paint manufacturers hadn't changed white oil paint.  It takes forever to dry so I think I will go back to acrylics on the next one.  I want to work fast on these paintings. It takes over a week for each layer to dry!  Since I don't use linseed oil as a medium that is way too long.

 

Southwest Virginia Snowstorm

Southwest Virginia is covered up in snow!  Radford City has 22 inches!  My husband and son have been digging out for two days!  If anyone wanted to make a snow angel I think they would drown before they got down to a level that can be pressed.  I don't see any kids trying it.

 

Snow Stuff

The world’s largest snowflake was reported to be 15 inches across and 8 inches thick. The Guinness Book of World Records states that this giant snowflake was found at Fort Keogh, Montana on January 28, 1887.

 The most snow ever recorded in a 24 hour period in the USA occurred at Silver Lake, Colorado in 1921 and was 76 inches of snow. (#2 = 63 inches was registered in Georgetown, Colorado on December 4, 1913)


Mt. Baker ski area in Washington State has the world record for snowfall at 1,140 inches of snow in the 1998/1999 winter season.

 All snowflakes have 6 sides.

A single snowstorm can drop 39 million tons of snow, carrying the energy equivalent to 120 atom bombs!

 
Each winter one septillion (1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000)  of snow crystals drop from the sky and that it takes about a million little droplets to make one snowflake.

Kendall Kessler Special Promotions

Don't forget about my Special Promotions on Fine Art America!  Large canvas prints of popular works at 40% off regular price with a 30 day money back guarantee which includes shipping fees!

 Sell Art Online

 Art Prints


 Art Prints

No comments:

Post a Comment